From CSS Wiki
An iPad2 can be used to connect into a videoconference in any of our VC equiped rooms. Connecting over Wi-Fi is better than connecting using 3G. Generally, the iPads (they use dynamic IP addresses) will need to dial into the fixed IP unit (standard videoconfernce units), unless the current iPad IP address is communicated to the other site.
Polycom also makes an Android version of this app for Motorola XOOM™, DROID XYBOARD 10.1 by Motorola, and Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 tablets.
Procedure to configure your iPad 2
- Go to the App Store and get the Polycom App.
- Type 'Polycom' into the App Store search engine.
- Select 'Polycom RealPresence (TM) Mobile'.
- Install the free app.
- Open the app and set up a free Polycom account.
- The iPad2 should use a Wi-Fi signal if one is available, rather than 3G in those iPad's with both WiFi and 3G.
- When using a Wi-Fi signal, go to the iPad settings and turn off the Cellular Data switch. (this will keep your iPad from trying to switch to 3G in the middle of your videoconference)
- When you open the app, there will be 2 or 3 icons at the bottom edge, under the keypad:
- The blue gear looking icon in the lower right corner is Settings.
- The green icon [WLAN] will tell you your current IP address.
- An orange icon [ ! ] just to the right of the green icon may appear if there is problem connecting. Tapping this will tell you that "Polycom CMA server sign-in failed." Open Settings and slide the switch next to Polycom CMA Service to OFF.
- You should now be able to dial to another IP address.
- IP adresses are formated in 4 sections of 1-3 numbers seperated by decimal points.
- Enter the IP adress and press the call button.
- Allow a little time for the connection to be made and then for the screen to become active.
- Multiple iPad2s can connect to the videoconference facility in Kane 019.
- iPads can use the Polycom app to direct dial between iPad 2 units. There will be more information coming about this procedure. In the mean time, contact Classroom Support Services for specifics.