From CSS Wiki
The purpose of the Future Check is to look for delinquent confirmed reservations within ResDb. This check is used to remind clients that we have not yet received their signed Reservation Confirmation, Request for Use of University Facilities (RUUF) form, or event pre-payment and should be completed at least once a week. A client is reminded of their delinquent status only once. If the client does not respond by the next Future Check, the reservation should be cancelled and a notification sent.
- Open the ResDb.
- Select the current month (when you have searched the current month, advance to the next month until complete).
- Make sure the following are checked in addition to only one of the options below: Confirmed and Finalized.
1) Reservation Confirmation
- Check "Needs Confirmation" check box
- Reminder should be sent if the Reservation Confirmation was sent more than two weeks ago.
- Check "Needs RUUF" check box.
- Reminder should be sent only if the event is less than two months away.
- Check "Needs PrePay" check box
- Reminder should be sent if the current date is past the "P/P due" date on the Checklist tab.
- Each event that appears (for the corresponding search), open and see when the Reservation Confirmation was sent.
- If the Reservation Confirmation was sent in the last few days, you can hold off on sending the Confirmation/RUUF/Pre-Payment reminder.
- If an event shows up under one of the searches, be sure and check if any other items are missing so that only one email reminder is sent per event.
- Open the corresponding ticket.
- Open a fresh reply (do not reply to a client response).
- Use the email template titled "Events: Future Check: Response to use when collecting overdue reservations items"
- Remove all extraneous information. Include reminders only about the items that are delinquent.
- If you are sending the reminder about the confirmation letter, include the specific date that it was due.
- If you are only sending a reminder about one item, be sure and change the phrasing in the email to the singular form.
- Make a note in the "Event Notes" section about what you reminded the client about.