Automated Video Screencasting Terms of Service
From CSS Wiki
Description of Service
Automated Video Screencasting can be divided into two distinct services. The first service is the Automated Video Screencasting Recording Service. The second service is the Automated Video Screencasting Content Delivery Service.
The Automated Classroom Video Screencasting Recording Service is subject to the following Terms of Service, which may be updated by us from time. You can review the most current version of the terms of service at http://www.css.washington.edu/wiki/Automated_Video_Screencasting_Terms_of_Service.
Use of the Automated Video Screencasting Service
- Your use of the Automated Classroom Audio Recording Service (hereinafter referred to as the "Service") is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. LTI expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied.
- Classroom Technology and Events Learning Technologies Integration group (LTI) makes no warranty that:
- the Service will meet your requirements and/or expectations;
- the Service will be uninterrupted; and
- the Service will be delivered in a timely, secure or error-free way.
- Any material or content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Service is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data the results from the download of such material.
- LTI Technical support consists of verifying that the Service is functioning, and general configuration and troubleshooting information via FAQs.
- No advice, information or technical support, whether oral or written, obtained by you from LTI shall create any warranty not expressly stated in the terms of service.
General practices regarding use and storage
You acknowledge that LTI may establish general practices concerning use of the Service, including without limitation, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on CSS servers on your behalf. You agree that CSS has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content maintained by the Service. You further acknowledge that CSS reserves the right to modify these general practices from time to time.
Screencasts produced via the Automated Video Screencasting Service are not archived. Copies of Screencast recordings are not available; They can only be viewed on a special media server. CSS does not provide viewing services for video screencasts.
Screencasts are removed from the media server two weeks after the class has ended. Copies of Flash(tm) video files are available to the instructor of record for up to six months after the quarter has ended, subject to the general practices regarding use and storage in the preceding section. A media charge will apply for making copies of Flash(tm) video files.
Right to Discontinue Automated Video Screencasting Recording Service
CSS reserves the right to discontinue providing any or all Automated Classroom Audio Recording Services at any time.