Life of Mammals, Volume Two -- The*
- 2002 ----- color ----- 150 min ----- dvd
(Life of Mammals, The series, Part 2)
David Attenborough's latest series presents the biggest ever wildlife series devoted to mammals. It features many of the planet's most fascinating and diverse creatures -- from the smallest [the two-inch pygmy shrew] to the largest [the blue whale]; from the slowest [the sloth] to the swiftest [the cheetah]; from the arguably least attractive [the naked mole rat] to the most irresisitible [a human baby].
Volume Two includes three episodes:
- Chisellers [50 min]: Chisellers use their teeth to cut through tough seed coverings and bark for food and shelter. Explores the world of various chisellers such as the capuchin monkey, squirrels, the kangaroo rat, marmots, beavers, muskrats, the naked mole rat, mice and the capybara.
- Meat Eaters [50 min]: This program looks at the meat eaters of the mammal world including the stoat, the martin, the arctic fox, the brown hyena, the South American Bush Dog, wolves, lions, leopards and tigers.
- Opportunists [50 min]: Discusses mammals that are omnivores including wild boars, Asiatic raccoon dogs, foxes, bats, raccoons, skunks, and bears
(Restricted to use on University of Washington campuses only)
- Topics: (Anthropology: Biological)