CSS Laptop Loan ProgramClassroom Support Services (CSS) has a small pool of laptops and PowerPoint remotes that are available only for emergency checkout by faculty members in support of their state supported, credit-generating classes. These laptops are available for a maximum of two days.
To obtain an emergency laptop, you can call our offices at 206-543-9900.
CSS Laptop Loan Program EquipmentMost laptops are equipped with:
- CD-ROM Drive
- DVD Players
- Wireless and wired network cards
- USB 2.0 Connectivity
- Battery and power supply
- Carrying Case
Installed software includes:
- Microsoft Windows operating system.
- Microsoft Office Professional.
- The University of Washington Internet Connectivity Kit.
Instructors bear sole responsibility for installing additonal, legally licensed programs on these laptops.
Available upon request, for short term or quarterly loans:
- Document Cameras.
- Mini DV Camcorders.
- Video/Data Projectors.
CSS Laptop Loan Program Policies
- Equipment is for faculty to use in support of their state supported, credit generating classes. If it is used for anything else, charges will apply.
- If equipment is returned later than agreed to, late fees will apply. ($94/day)
- Faculty will be responsible for returning the equipment in the same condition that they received it. They (or their department) will be liable for any broken or missing parts, or any other damage that is the result of anything that is not 'normal' usage. The fees for repair/replacement will be determined by CSS computer personnel. A Financial Responsibility form (that reflects this) needs to be signed before the laptop can be checked out.
- Laptops are older PC's and may fail or not operate the latest software packages.
- Daily checkout is for a maximum of two working days.
CSS Laptop Loan Program Service and SupportClassroom Support Services (CSS) will assist instructors with laptop hardware problems that are directly related to the execution of their University of Washington duties and assignments. Windows operating system support is available on a best efforts basis, only. Re-imaging of the hard drive will be encouraged for software problems that cannot be immediately diagnosed and corrected. This will return the machine to its original working condition. Instructors are responsible for maintaining backup copies of their personal files and software.
CSS will answer general questions about the installed software on a best efforts basis. CSS does not support department specific software. Instructors should contact their Department's technical support personnel for assistance.
CSS does not provide software training. CSS will assist instructors in finding campus resources for training such as Catalyst workshops.
CSS Laptop Loan Program LiabilityClassroom Support Services shall not be liable for any and all losses resulting from use of equipment, or for any claims regarding the physical functioning of equipment or media used in conjuction with this equipment. Our clients further understand that all data may be lost while using this equipment.
In no event will Classroom Support Services, or any employee, agent, or contractor of Classroom Support Services, be liable for any loss of data, loss of revenue or profits, or any special, incidental, or consequential damages, however caused, in connection with this equipment, or the services provided by Classroom Support Services, its employees, agents or contractors.
CSS laptop Loan Program RepairsCSS will repair physical damage to the machine that has occurred in the normal academic use of the machine and as defined by the standard warranty. If the laptop is damaged due to non-academic use, a service fee of $80.00/hour (plus parts, shipping and handling) will be charged and this money will go back into the operating costs of CSS. If physical damage occurs to the laptop that is not considered normal wear, or is outside the scope of standard warranty repairs, or if the machine is lost or stolen, the instructor will be responsible for all associated costs in repairing or replacing the equipment.
To reserve a laptop, you can call our offices at 206-543-9900.